- How can teachers ensure that they are promoting critical literacy in the classroom while still meeting local, state, and/or national standards for standardized assessments? Discuss how using critical literacy strategies might benefit a student's performance on such tests? How might it be detrimental
- What are the characteristics of a book which would be ideal for promoting critical literacy? Explain your answer.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:02 am ad1c9bdddf
- How can teachers ensure that they are promoting critical literacy in the classroom while still meeting local, state, and/or national standards for standardized assessments? Discuss how using critical literacy strategies might benefit a student's performance on such tests? How might it be detrimental?
Promoting critical literacy can be easily integrated in a teacher's current curriculum by developing activities that takes the standard lesson one step further and allowing students to further their learning potential through hands-on activities, debates and discussions, and self-discovery. By developing lesson plans that allow students to reach a higher level of thinking and understanding, teachers will assure that they are promoting ...
This posting discusses the promoting of critical literacy in the classroom.
Hip Hop and Pop Culture
A. Identify an education-related research topic of interest to you.
1. Create a research problem that addresses the research topic.
B. Develop a purpose statement for your research, based on the research problem and a review of relevant literature that communicates the intent or objectives of the research.
C. Develop 1-3 research questions that adhere to the following guidelines:
• appropriate to one of the major research approaches (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, or action)
• researchable (i.e., you can collect and analyze data to answer it)
• directly focuses on and addresses the research problem statement
1. Develop a measurable hypothesis or explain why a hypothesis is not needed for each research question.
2. Justify which major research approach (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, or action) you would recommend using to answer each research question.
D. Develop a narrative literature review based on 15 scholarly sources, 10 of which are empirical research journal articles, and that adheres to the following guidelines:
• includes relevant research articles
• flows logically from the broadly defined problem to more specific research questions
E. Create a reference list that includes all references in APA format.View Full Posting Details