You are surrounded by language and communication! Language and communication has become more expansive in our new digital world. While these changes do open many doors, there are also new areas to reflect on. Think about your day today.
- Have our rules and theories also changed?
- What about our interactions and expectations?
- How about the effectiveness of our communication?
- How do you think the new forms of language and abundance of diverse communication methods will affect our children and youth?
- What is the impact of this new communication on the "old" forms of communication?
The post is listed under the education category, which could be for newborns through college age students. When it comes to infants/toddlers learning language, the first seven years are the most critical and if an individual is exposed to more than one language in those years, the chance is good that there will be no accent. There are some unique and individual cultural situations and languages but mostly now the world is more unified. While many languages still prosper around the world, there are some that are prominent and people work hard to teach and learn them. English is one of the universal languages and ...
Culture - Language, Social Systems and Communication Styles
For understanding, please help me with these questions:
2. What comprises "the filter of the social system?" Define it within your personal context of work. Illustrate -- with at least two examples -- how your social system influences your communication style (speech, interpersonal communication, responses/reactions to any given situation, etc.).
3. Focus on a culture different from your own. How do communication styles vary according to age, sex, and status of speakers in that culture? Identify levels of formality, language style, tone, etc. Compare and contrast the communication styles of your own context with the "foreign" culture you have chosen to analyze.View Full Posting Details