Circle the best answer to each of the following problems.
1. Margins should be a minimum of one inch on:
a. The left side of a page.
b. All four sides of a page.
c. The top and left sides of the page only.
d. The left and right sides of the page only.
2. Papers should be double-spaced, with the first line of every paragraph indented five spaces.
3. In APA format, pages are numbered:
a. In the bottom center.
b. In the top center.
c. In the upper-right corner at least two inches from the right edge of the page.
d. At least one inch from the right edge of the page, in the space between the top edge of the paper and the first line of text.
e. In the bottom left.
4. Guidelines for abstracts include which of the following:
a. All documents not intended for publication require an abstract page.
b. An abstract must appear on its own page immediately following the title page, with the centered heading "Abstract."
c. An abstract cannot exceed 150 words in length.
d. All of the above.
5. Quotations should be displayed in a free-standing block of double-spaced, typewritten lines without quotation marks, indented five spaces from the left margin, if they are:
a. Extremely important.
b. 40 words or more.
c. A direct quotation or dialog.
d. Fewer than 40 words.
6. Any conventional serif, sans serif, or fancy typeface is allowed, provided that only a 12-point type is used.
7. Guidelines for headings include which of the following:
a. Heading levels may be identified by positioning and by highlighting through underlining.
b. Headings should accurately reflect the organization of the paper.
c. Headings of the same level should be consistent throughout the paper.
d. All of the above.
8. Italics may be substituted for underlining to distinguish or emphasize words, to indicate foreign words, or to identify words being defined.
9. Tables and figures (graphs and charts) may be used in the text, provided that they are:
a. Presented using borders and 10-point type.
b. Placed on a separate page at the end of the document.
c. Referred to in the text (e.g., "(See Table 1.).")
d. Numbered consecutively and separately (e.g., Table 1, Figure 1.).
e. Both c. and d. above.
10. Quotation marks may be used within the text to highlight titles of works that are published, released, or produced separately from other works (e.g., books and periodicals).
11. Which of the following reflect(s) APA style for abbreviations in non-technical documents:
a. The omission of periods in acronyms and common abbreviations.
b. The use of only one period when an abbreviation falls at the end of a sentence.
c. The use of abbreviations in units of measure.
d. Only a. and b. above.
12. The list of sources at the end of a paper formatted in APA style is entitled:
a. Works Cited.
c. Works Consulted.
13. Only sources actually used in your paper should be shown in the reference list.
14. APA style does not require the use of periods and single spacing to separate the parts of a reference in a reference list.
15. References must be given for sources used in the paper only when the sources are quoted, not when they are paraphrased.
(NOTE: Use the information below to answer questions 16-18.)
Title (journal article): Role of Personality in Determining Value Judgments
Authors: Maxine Renee Shaw, Ph.D.; Jonathan L.
Speaks, M.D.; and Kathleen M. Neal, Ph.D.
Publication: Journal of Applied Psychology
Volume No.: 75
Date Published: 1999
Page Numbers: 558-577
16. Indicate how you would format an in-text citation, in APA style, for the above source. The authors' names do not appear in the text as part of the narrative.
17. Indicate how you would format an in-text citation, in APA style, for the above source when the source quotes someone named John L. Adams. Adams is named in the text as part of the narrative.
18. Indicate how you would format the above source, in APA style, at the end of your paper.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 7:10 pm ad1c9bdddf
My purpose is to assist you in answering questions, which reflect appropriate style per APA 5th edition guidelines. Attached you will find ...
Detailed information is given concerning the APA format and the format required by the University of Phoenix.