- If you inherit a project which has all sorts of problems in it, what are the steps you'll take to in order to start working on it?
- If a project team handles operations side of tasks as well as project development side of tasks, how would you, as a project manager balance or utilize project resources for optimal use?
- What are some of the critical differences between the agile project management and the waterfall project management methodologies?
- When you start a new project, what are the essential tasks you take care or start with?
- If you are asked by your boss to start a specific new project, what are the possible questions you'll ask him/her or what information would you collect from him/her before you leave his/her office?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 1:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
If you inherit a project which has all sorts of problems in it, what are the steps you'll take to in order to start working on it?
The best start to solve problems in a project is identifying them and clarifying their descriptions. In order to understand them, I should have a depth knowledge and experience in time, cost, scope, and risks of the project as well as integration, communication, human resources, quality assurance, schedule development, and procurement. Gaining insight into the solution of the root problem will also help me to clarify a description, analyze its causes and identify alternatives. I should also recheck the requirements of the project because they may be missing or incorrect, there may be unrealistic delivery expectations of schedule and functionality or there may also be over-reliance on tools with too little emphasis on processes and methods. Discovering them late will lead to even more difficult problems. Then I should create different alternative solutions with well defined project processes. Each of these solutions should include requirements that are agreed on and signed off by all stakeholders. After assessing each alternative with other project stakeholders, I must implement them and evaluate whether these problems are solved or not. ...
Your tutorial is five paragraphs and two references.