I need help with the below database questions:
1. White et al. (2007) discuss a number of ways that database systems experts can help computer game designers. Discuss an example and support it with insights from your own experience playing computer games.
2. Based on the Community Systems Group (2007) article, pick one of these research initiatives and explain one aspect of the DBMS technology that it relies on. Answer the question from a technical perspective and end-user perspective.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 2:02 am ad1c9bdddf
1. One of the ways mentioned by the author that database systems can help computer games is the use of discrete simulation system in non-networked games. In non-networked games, there is a main loop that produces the animation, and each pass through the loop corresponding to a single frame of animation. On every pass the game engine computes the behavior of the game objects through querying of the current state of the world, updates the state of the game objects based from the ...
This posting contains answers to the given questions.
Transaction Log, Distributed Database, Query Optimization algorithms, Data Fragmentation and Data Replication strategies
1. Suppose that you are a manufacturer of product ABC, which is composed of parts A, B, and C. Each time a new product is created, it must be added to the product inventory, using the PROD_QOH in a table named PRODUCT. And each time the product ABC is created, the parts inventory, using PART_QOH in a table named PART, must be reduced by one each of parts A, B, and C. The sample database contents are shown in Table P1 in the attachment.
Given this information, answer questions a-e.
a. How many database requests can you identify for an inventory update for both PRODUCT and PART?
b. Using SQL, write each database request you have identified in Step a.
c. Write the complete transaction(s).
d. Write the transaction log, using Table 10.1 as your template.
e. Using the transaction log you created in Step d, trace its use in database recovery.
2. This problem is based on the DDBMS scenario in figure P10.1 in the attachment. Specify the minimum type(s) of operation(s) the database must support (remote request, remote transaction, distributed transaction, or distributed request) in order to perform the following operations at sites C, A and B. Please refer to the attachment for complete question.
3. What are the different types of query optimization algorithms?
4. Describe three data fragmentation strategies. Give some examples of each.
5. What is data replication, and what are the three replication strategies?View Full Posting Details