Identify and discuss several new IT technologies, including their strengths and weaknesses.
Select one of these technologies, and determine what methods you would use to integrate this technology into a company of your choosing.
Explain why you chose this technology and what advantages it presents to the company.
Provide research and references to support your recommendations© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 19, 2018, 3:37 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/computer-science/operating-systems/new-it-technologies-strengths-weaknesses-applications-429590
Thanks for the chance to work with you. Please find my response attached. I look forward to working with you again. Please let me know of any questions or concerns.
Cloud Computing-Cloud Computing, refers to the delivery of computing solutions as a service instead of a product. Computing resources are shared and users are able to lease and access the resources on demand. The resources are typically hosted by a vendor who leases the resources to clients by the hour. Cloud computing comes in three "flavors":
1) Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS)-Delivery of the physical infrastructure-storage, servers, Networking facilities as a service.
2) Platform as a Service (PAAS)-Provision of the Platform-operating system, development environment, database as a service.
3) Software as a Service (SAAS)-Delivery of a software solution as a service.
Advantages-Organizations can utilize the services on demand without the cost of hosting the necessary hardware and software. This offers huge cost savings. Cloud computing is scalable and allows access from anywhere with an internet connection.
Cons-Security-Clients must depend on the vendor to establish and maintain sufficient security. You must also rely on the vendor to have sufficient disaster recovery measures in place. Latency can be another issue as you are accessing cloud systems from a distance.
2) Virtualization-Virtualization is the creation of a virtual rather than physical computing environment. For example, you can have a server that is running a Windows based operating system may host a virtual computer that operates as if it were running a Linux operating system. Therefore, Linux-based applications can run on it. There are different types of virtualization:
1) Hardware-creation of a virtual machine that acts like a real computer with an operating system.
2) Desktop-In desktop virtualization, you are separating the desktop environment from the actual PC. Therefore, you could access your windows desktop from a windows PC, a mac ...
The following posting discusses IT strategies for a company.