Compare the characteristics of various WAN technologies, including throughput, security, and reliability.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 10:32 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution of 439 words identifies different WAN technologies and provides a comparison of seven technologies.
Wireless Area Network (WAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and Types of Wireless Technologies
1. Explain in at least two different ways to secure a WLAN. What are the ramifications if a WLAN is breached?
2. Discuss four different types of wireless technologies.
- Describe the characteristics and properties of each signal type, and how each can be used.
- Include a table or matrix that compares properties of the four signal types.
- Provide a hypothetical situation for each signal type that illustrates how it could be, or is being, used in a WAN. In what circumstance, for example, would a company choose to use a satellite signal?