You have been asked to create a database design for the BoingX Aircraft Company (BAC), which has two products: TRX-5A and TRX-5B HUD (heads-up display) units. The database must enable managers to track blueprints, parts, and software for each HUD, using the following business rules:
- For simplicity's sake, you may assume that the TRX-5A unit is based on two engineering blueprints and that the TRX-5B unit is based on three engineering blueprints. You are free to make up your own blueprint names.
- All parts used in the TRX-5A and TRX-5B are classified as hardware. For simplicity's sake, you may assume that the TRX-5A unit uses three parts and that the TRX-5B unit uses four parts. You are free to make up your own part names.
Some parts are supplied by vendors, while others are supplied by the BoingX Aircraft Company. Parts suppliers must be able to meet the technical specification requirements (TCRs) set by the BoingX Aircraft Company. Any parts supplier that meets the BoingX Aircraft Company's TCRs may be contracted to supply parts. Therefore, any part may be supplied by multiple suppliers and a supplier can supply many different parts.
- BAC wants to keep track of all part price changes and the dates of those changes.
- BAC wants to keep track of all TRX-5A and TRX-5B software. For simplicity's sake, you may assume that the TRX-5A unit uses two named software components and that the TRX-5B unit also uses two named software components. You are free to make up your own software names.
- BAC wants to keep track of all changes made in blueprints and software. Those changes must reflect the date and time of the change, the description of the change, the person who authorized the change, the person who actually made the change, and the reason for the change.
- BAC wants to keep track of all HUD test data by test type, test date, and test outcome.
Given those requirements, create the Crow's Foot ERD.
Example: http://webfuse.cqu.edu.au/Courses/2006/T2/COIS20025/Assessment/Item_2/Part_A_Resources/erd.pdf© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 18, 2018, 1:25 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution provides database design for a company.