For clarification, the instructions for the assignment require the creation of the MemberLedger.mdb database. The database should be created and saved as an Access 2007 database with the .accdb extension. The AccessDataSource server control does not recognize the .accdb extension so a SqlDataSource server control must be used to connect to the database. The database must be placed in the App_Data folder in order to create a relative path to the database. A relative path should be used because a relative path will work on any computer. A relative path to the database uses the |DataDirectory| token which is used in the value assigned to the Data Source key in the ConnectionString. The relative path is easily created by selecting the name of the database in the dropdownlist when selecting "Which data connection should your application use to connect to the database?" in the data source configuration wizard.
MemberID - This is the Primary Key with a data type of AutoNumber
FirstName - Data type of Text
LastName - Data type of Text
Add at least 5 rows to this table to facilitate testing of the application.
Create a Visual Studio 2008 ASP .NET Web Site with three Web Forms. The name of your Web site should be based on your last name. For example, if your last name is Jones, then assign the name Jones_IP3.
The first Web Form is a login page that contains a Login server control. Users cannot view the second Web Form unless they have successfully logged onto the application. Authentication and authorization should be implemented in the web.config file to provide this functionality. Three sets of credentials should be added to the web.config file. One set of credentials must use Student as the user name and ITP450-IP3 as the password.
The second Web Form allows the user to view and edit the data in the database. Place a GridView server control on the Web Form and connect it to the database. Configure the GridView server control to allow the user to view the records in the database and to edit a member's data.
The third Web Form allows the user to page through the records in the database and add a record to the database. Place a FormView server control on the Web Form and connect it to the database. Configure the FormView server control to allow the user to page through the records in the database and to add a new record to the database.
Zip the Web Site folder that contains the files© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 2:38 am ad1c9bdddf
Attached is a zipped file that contains the VB.NET web project. In web.config you need to configure the logon. I have made ...
The solution discusses three web forms.
VB.Net problem using ComboBox to calculate the population growth in different cities
I need to Design a windows application and write the code that will execute according to the program requirements I have written below and Use Case Definition. I devised this requirement document.
Date Submitted: April 2,2008
Application title: U.S Largest Cities Windows Application
Purpose: The windows application opens a text file with the population of the 10 largest cities in the United States. The user selects the city and displays the population for the next five years with a projected 3 % growth per year . A menu selection also can show up to 10 cities and their present population on a second Windows Form object.
Program Procedures: In a Windows application, a user can view the expected 3% population growth for the next five years for any of the 10 largest cities in the United States.
Algorithms, Processing and Conditions:
1) The user views a Windows application that contains a title, graphic, and a ComboBox object filled with the 10 largest cities in the United States. The ComboBox object is filled from a text file named cities.txt that is opened and read by the application from the USB drive (drive E: ). The text file contains each city name with the present population.
2) After the user views a Windows application from the ComboBox object, a ListBox object displays the next five years of projected population based on a 3% growth for each year for the selected city.
3) A file menu also displays the Display Present Population, Clear, and exit menu items. When the user selects the Display Present Population menu item, a second Windows form object opens and displays the current 10 largest cities and their populations.
Notes and Restrictions: 1) The user must select one city from the ComboBox object before the population of that city is displayed.(This is the part that has me very confused ComboBox.)
1) The picture shown in the table should be selected from a picture available on the web.
2) The second Form object displays a Return to Application button to reopen the initial Form object.
Use Case Definition: The select s the city to display the expected 3% population growth.
1) The user selects the Display Present Population menu item to open a second form to display the 10 largest cities and their populations.
2) The user selects the Clear menu to clear the form.
3) The user selects Exit menu item to exit the application.
Hi it's me again I did 10 of these problems and this is another one that has me really confused.
It seem to be doing ComboBox, I get and error.
I need to zip the file.