Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
1. When performing a Friedel-Crafts alkylation reaction, not only does one have the problems
of multiple alkylation and rearrangement of the cation, but the presence of strong electron
donating groups prevents reaction. Provide an explanation for this.
2. Metallocenes, like ferrocene cannot be nitrated. Why?
3. Draw the structure of the diacetylferrocene you would obtain if ferrocene were diacetylated.
4. Draw an arrow pushing mechanism for the formation of the acylium ion when acetic
anhydride reacts with phosphoric acid.
5. Provide the major organic product(s) for the following reactions.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:59 am ad1c9bdddf
Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation and nitration of ferrocene and acetylferrocene are discussed in detail.
Feasible Synthetic Routes for Compounds
This problem asks to use equations to outline feasible synthetic routes to the compounds below starting with benzene or toluene and any other necessary aliphatic or inorganic reagents. Assume o- and p- isomers can be separated.
a. p-aminobenzoic acid
See attached file for full problem description.View Full Posting Details