1. Draw the structure of bicyclo [3.2.0] heptane.
2. Consider the following compounds:
Predict their relative boiling points (rank from low (1) to (3)). Explain answer in terms of the intermolecular forces involved.
4. Draw orbital pictures of the pi and sigma bond found in the following molecules. Indicate the bond angles in your drawings as well.
a. CH2 - C (triple bond) CH
b. (CH3)2 C=NH
5. Draw the most stable conformation of cis-1, 3-dimethylycylohexane. Explain your answer in terms of axial vs. equatorial positions.
6. Draw the Newman projections of the three conformers of 1, 2-dibromoethane. Label them and indicate which one is most stable.
7. Draw all the possible isomers, including geometric (cis,trans) of the cyclci forms of C4H7CL. Circle the___14 structure that shows the least amount of ring strain. Name one of your isomers.
10. Comments on the dipoles (if any) of the bonds and on the over-all dipole moment of the molecule.
1. See attached .pdf file
2. 1 lowest, 2 middle, 3 highest all because Hydrogen-bonding occurs with NH and OH compounds, but much stronger in OH compounds.
3. see attached chloroform file
4. see ...
This Solution contains images to aid you in understanding the Solution to these questions.