1) List the following gases in order of increasing root-mean-square speed, all at the same temperature: H2, He, O2, Ne
2) Under what conditions of pressure and temperature is a real gas most expected to deviate from ideal gas behaviour?
3) What intermolecular interactions would be the strongest between molecules CH2Cl2?
4) List the following substances in order of increasing boiling point: H2O, H2S, H2Se, H2Te.
5) List the following compounds in order of increasing vapour pressure at 298K: pentane (C5H10), ethanol (C2H5OH), water (H2O)
6) Give one example of a molecular solid.
7) The Henry's Law constant for CO2 is 3.1X10^-2 molL^-1 atm^-1 at 298K. What is the concentration of dissolved CO2 in water exposed to an atmosphere of pure CO2 at 2.0atm? Report your answer to two significant figures.
8) What is the molarity of a solution prepared by dissolving 6.21g of glucose (C6H12O6) in 1.50L of water. Report your answer to the correct number of significant figures.
9) List the following solutions in order of increasing freezing points: 0.1 m NaCl(aq), 0.1 m MgCl2(aq), 0.1 m glucose.
10) Define internal energy and enthalpy. What is the difference between the two?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:15 pm ad1c9bdddf
Assorted General Chemistry Problems are solved with full working shown.