1. What is the correct name for the compound depicted in the skeletal structure below? (See attached file for diagrams)
2. Which of the following is a structural isomer of 2-methylpentane? Choose from:
3. How many of the carbons in the molecule depicted below are chiral?
4. What kind of reaction converts an unsaturated hydrocarbon into a saturated one? Choose from:
substitution of a hydrogen with a halogen under high energy light
a hydrogenation reaction in the presence of a catalyst
addition of a halogen to an alkene
combustion reaction with oxygen
5. How would the compound shown below be classified?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:51 am ad1c9bdddf
See the attached sheet.
Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry Part II
1- What is the correct name for the compound depicted in the skeletal structure below?
2- Which of the following is a structural isomer of 2-methylpentane? ...
Radioactivity and nuclear chemistry questions are examined. Combustion reactions with oxygen are provided.
Five Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry Questions
1- An injection containing 10.0pg 10 5 B was injected into a patient suffering from a brain tumor. The patient was irradiated by a neutron gun at the site of the tumor. Calculate the amount of energy released in megaelectronvolts given that 931 MeV is released for each 1 amu mass defect. To calculate the energy released, consider the isotopic masses as follows:
Element or particle = Isotopic mass (amu):
10 / 5 B = 10.0129
7 3 Li = 7.0160
alpha particle = 4.0026
Express your answer in megaelectronvolts to three significant figures.
2- Calculate the mass defect of the fluorine nucleus 19 /9 F. The mass of neutral 19 / 9 F is equal to 18.998403 atomic mass units. Express your answer in atomic mass units to four significant figures and u units
3- Calculate the binding energy E/ B of the fluorine nucleus 19 / 9 F .Express your answer in millions of electron volts to four significant figures and MeV units.
4-Calculate the binding energy per nucleon of the fluorine nucleus 19/ 9 F .Express your answer in millions of electron volts to four significant figures and MeV / nucleon units.
5- Calculate the mass defect of the helium nucleus 4 /2 He. The mass of neutral 4 /2 He is given by M/ He =4.002603u .Express your answer in atomic mass units to four significant figures and in u units.View Full Posting Details