The solution is in the attachment as a 150-200 word explanation comparing and contrasting the given factors.
Nutrition - Vitamins give you energy. True or False?
1. Vitamins give you energy. o True o False Why?
2. British sailors are called "Limeys" because they ate
limes while at sea to prevent scurvy. o True o False Why?
3. Cooking does not affect the vitamin content of foods.o True o False
4. If some of a vitamin is good, more is better. o True o False Why?
5. Only fat-soluble vitamins can cause toxic reactions. o True o False
6. Vitamin C can cure the common cold. o True o False Why?
7. Niacin supplements are used to lower blood cholesterol. o True o False Why?
8. Milk stored in clear glass bottles will have less riboflavin
than milk stored in cardboard cartons. oTrue oFalse Why?
9. A woman who takes folic acid supplements before she
becomes pregnant can reduce the risk of birth defects. o True
o False Why?
10. Vitamin B12 is only found in animal products. o True o False Why?
11. Vitamin K can be made by bacteria in the o True o False Why?
12. Vitamin D is not always needed in the diet. o True o False Why?
13. A high intake of beta-carotene will o True o False Why?
turn your skin yellow or orange.
14. Certain people need vitamin supplements o True o False Why?
to meet their needs.
15. Lifestyle choices can prevent oxidative damage o True o False Why?View Full Posting Details