1. A girl is celebrating her seventh birthday. Each guest is served one large slice of chocolate cake, a hamburger, French fries, and some oranges.
Identify the food groups mentioned above.
If one slice of chocolate cake contains 35g of carbohydrate, 15g of fat and 5g of protein, calculate the kilocalories that each slice of cake contains.
Identify all the food groups that form a part of a balanced diet along with their sources.
2. A middle-aged man has been diagnosed as being at high-risk of developing Coronary Artery Disease. State the chemical composition of the sterol that is present in high levels in most people who belong to the high-risk group.
*Distinguish between the "good" and "bad" forms of this sterol.
*Explain the function of the good form of this sterol in the body.
*List the food groups that are the sources of the bad form.
3. A thirteen-year-old girl, who is underdeveloped and thin, has a blood disorder. She frequently experiences chest and abdominal pain, fever, and coughing, and has trouble breathing. Her teachers often spend additional time with her, explaining concepts that the rest of the class is familiar with, as she tires very easily and is able to concentrate only for short spans of time.
* Identify the blood disorder that she might be suffering from.
* Describe in detail the symptoms of this blood disorder.
* Explain the difference in the cells of this girl and a person who does not suffer from the disorder.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 1:25 am ad1c9bdddf
This solution provides full answers to 3 questions dealing with a range of topics from blood disorders to forms or sterol, including additional references.