1. Equal molar amounts of hydrochloric acid and potassium hydroxide are mixed together in water. Is the resulting solution acidic, basic, or neutral?
2. Equal molar amounts of hypochlorous acid and sodium cyanide are mixed together in water. Is the resulting solution acidic, basic, or neutral? Ka hypochlorous acid = 3.5 x 10-8 ; Ka hydrocyanic acid = 4.9 x 10-10
3. Equal molar amounts of benzoic acid and sodium acetate are mixed together in water. Is the resulting solution acidic, basic, or neutral? Ka benzoic acid = 6.3 x 10-5 ; Ka acetic acid = 1.7 x 10-5
4. Suppose you want to make an acetic acid-sodium acetate buffer solution that maintains a pH of 5.00. How many grams of sodium acetate should be dissolved in 1.00 L of 1.150 M acetic acid? Ka acetic acid = 1.7 x 10-5
5. Which of the following, when added to water, will give a solution that has a pH > 7 : NaClO4 LiNO2 , NiCl2, Sr(NO3)2© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:18 am ad1c9bdddf
It shows how to determine whether the solution is acidic, basic, or neutral. The solution is detailed and was rated '5/5' by the student who posted the questions originally.
Calculate the pH
Calculate the pH upon diluting 2ml of 2 N HCL to a final volume of 100 ml?
Calcuate the pH upon addition of 0.0075 mole of solid NaOH to 100 ml of a 0.1 M solution of acetic acid (pKa=4.7)?
If equal molar amounts of Na2HPO4 and NaJpo4 are mixed in water, calcuate the resulting pH. The pKas of phosphoric acid are 2.1, 7.2, 12.4.
Calculate the % dissociation of a 0.1M solution of weak acid(pKa=5.0)?
Which of the following pairs would makw the best buffer at pH10.0?
a. Acetic acid & sodium acetate
b. NaH2PO4 & Na2HPO4
c. H2CO3 & NaHCO3
d. Methylammonium chloride & Methylamine