Structural formulas, compounds, two-step synthesis
This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!
See the attached file for the full problems.
1. Write a structural formula for each of the following compounds:
d. potassium butoxide
2. Name each of the following compounds.
3. Arrange the following compounds in order of increasing acidity, and explain the reasons for your choice of order.
4. Complete each of the following equations and name the products.
5. Show the structures of all possible acid-catalyzed dehydration products of the following. If more than one alkene is possible, predict which one will be formed in the largest amount.
6. Write an equation for each of the following reactions:
a. propanol + PBr3
b. 2-butanol + CrO3, H+
c. 2-methyl-1-pentanol + HCl
d. 1-butanol + SOCl2
e. 1-butanol + aqueous NaOH
7. Treatment of 3-hexene-2-ol with concentrated HCl gives a mixture of two products, 2-chloro-3-hexene and 4-chloro-2-hexene. Write a reaction mechanism that explains how both products are formed.
8. Write an equation for the two-step synthesis, 1-pentene to 2-pentanone.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 7, 2023, 12:27 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
2. A) p-nitrophenol
3. The order should be d<c<b<a. Acidities are dependent on stability of the conjugate base. So draw the ...
Structural formulas, compounds and two-step synthesis is examined.