You are a senior manager of a computer company that competes with Apple Computers, Inc. You read a case study about Apple and determined that doing a SWOT analysis of Apple may help you with your own strategies.
Perform a SWOT analysis by identifying the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. For each strategic factor that you include, make sure that you also include an explanation of why you selected and positioned that factor in that category. For example, if you include a factor as a Strength, make sure you explain why you think it is a strength.
After reviewing the SWOT analysis of Apple, propose strategies to take advantage of their vulnerabilities to help increase your company's market share.
SWOT Analysis of Apple:
1) Excellent brand image and brand awareness: Apple is considered one of the most well known and reliable technology brand in the world.
2) Loyal set of enthusiastic customers around the world that advocate the brand.
3) Well established and technologically advanced products such as Ipod and Laptops.
4) Ease of use: products are still regarded as the easiest to use in the marketplace.
4) Control over the product: Apple is unusual in the computer market today in that it is a manufacturer both of the computers themselves and also the operating systems which they run. This enables Apple to deliver a tightly coupled, integrated product.
5) Innovation: Apple was the first large personal computer company and the first company to develop a graphical based ...
You read a case study about Apple and determined that doing a SWOT analysis of Apple may help you with your own strategies.