Can you help me get started with this assignment?
You are a senior manager of a computer company that competes with Apple, Inc. (Apple). You read a case study about Apple and determined that doing a SWOT analysis of Apple may help you with your own strategies.
1. Perform a SWOT analysis by identifying at least five factors each for the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. For each strategic factor that you include, make sure that you also include an explanation of why that factor is important and why you selected and positioned that factor in that category. For example, if you include a factor as a Strength, make sure you explain why you think it is a strength.
2. After reviewing the SWOT analysis of Apple, propose strategies to take advantage of their vulnerabilities to help increase your company's market share. Remember, a strategy is not just an idea of "what" to do; it is a plan of "how" to do it. A strategy must describe "how" you are going to implement the idea, what potential ramifications (pros and cons) may result from your strategic implementation and what feedback mechanisms you will use to evaluate the success or failure of your strategic implementation.
Your report MUST include a reference list.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com April 3, 2020, 6:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
SWOT of apple:
1) Global brand presence and reputation that allows company to introduce and sell new products with ease.
2) Strong reputation as manufacturer of innovative computing products that allows company to charge a premium for its offerings.
3) Strong distribution network across several countries that allows the company to reach its target market in an extensive manner.
4) Technological leadership and strong R&D history that allows the company to come up with unique, blockbuster offerings on a sustainable basis.
5) Extremely high product quality that positions the company's product in a higher segment vis-a-vis its competitors.
6) Diversified market base: Almost half of company's profit comes from foreign markets. Thus, company is not dependent on its domestic sales and is well diversified.
1) Macintosh line of computing products is much less popular as compared to Microsoft's Windows based product, thereby preventing many potential users to switch to Apple's product.
2) Lack of interoperability with other products, such as lack of interoperability of Iphone with other cell phones or cell phone accessories creates frustration among potential and existing buyers of the product, thereby denying them to switch to Apple's products.
3) High selling prices allows other cheaper manufacturers to gain stronghold of the market with cheaper versions.
4) Internal engineering focus rather than a market focus, which often results in creation of ...
Competition for Apple, Inc.: Perform a SWOT analysis by identifying at least five factors each for the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.