You are a senior manager of a computer company that competes with Apple, Inc. (Apple). You read a case study about Apple and determined that doing a SWOT analysis of Apple may help you with your own strategies.
1. Perform a SWOT analysis by identifying at least five factors each for the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. For each strategic factor that you include, make sure that you also include an explanation of why that factor is important and why you selected and positioned that factor in that category. For example, if you include a factor as Strength, make sure you explain why you think it is strength.
2. After reviewing the SWOT analysis of Apple, propose strategies to take advantage of their vulnerabilities to help increase your company's market share. Remember, a strategy is not just an idea of "what" to do; it is a plan of "how" to do it. A strategy must describe "how" you are going to implement the idea, what potential ramifications (pros and cons) may result from your strategic implementation and what feedback mechanisms you will use to evaluate the success or failure of your strategic implementation.
Objectives:© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 25, 2018, 3:14 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/swot/strategic-management-swot-analysis-of-apple-271809
SWOT Analysis of Apple Inc.
Apple Inc. is a manufacturing company of consumer electronics and software products. The company was established in April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs. The well known hardware products of Apple Inc are iPod and iTunes. The company operates in 9 countries with 250 retail stores and online store. The company has number of strengths along with some weaknesses which can be determined along with an all-inclusive SWOT Analysis:
- Apple Inc. is a thriving company as it's this success is due to increasing sales of iPod music player. This iPod renders the company an access to an entire new series of segments that buy into other divisions of the Apple brand.
- The brand is all-important at Apple as due to its brand company had established itself as one of the most recognized and vigorous IT brands in the World (Katsioloudes, 2006).
- Apple Inc is unique in the today's computer market and it's this uniqueness is due to its role as a producer both of the computers themselves and also the operating systems which they run. This empowers Apple to bring a firmly joined, included product.
- Apple entails a feature of ease of use regarding its product and it is due to the perception of its customers' that Apple's products are easiest to use in the marketplace.
- Apple Inc. is an innovative firm because it believes in continuous innovation as it is the first large personal computer company that developed a graphical based computer.
- The company's some of the Apple iPod Nano were presented in the market with faulty screen that damaged the company's position.
- The company is facing a continuous pressure from the music industry regarding increasing the price of its music download file, from the music industry ...
The solution examines strategic management for Apple. A SWOT analysis is provided.