You are faced with the need to expand, and you have found the perfect location in another country. It is easily accessible from both water and land and already has T3 communication lines installed. Locating to this site will save you millions of dollars. The only problem is that the president of the country wants a private donation of $1 million. As the leader of your company, what would you do? Explain in detail.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:43 am ad1c9bdddf
Discussion for your question:
The main issue in this case is if the donation would be in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). All domestic companies are bound by the FCPA, which includes all multinational, international, and global business transactions. Under the FCPA, it is illegal for any agent, employee, manager, or associate of any U.S. based company to engage in any act of bribery or corruption. The FCPA does allow for grease payments. Basically, grease payments are fees paid in foreign ...
This solution discusses the scenario described. The ethics involved in the situation and the best possible steps to take are comprehensively discussed.
Environmental Factors: Global and Domestic Marketing Decisions
What are the environmental factors that affect global and domestic marketing decisions? Address the following as they relate to Toyota's marketing decisions:
- What influence does global economic interdependence and the effect of trade practices and agreements have?
- What is the importance of physical infrastructure and demographics?
- What is the influence of cultural differences?
- What is the importance of ethics versus legal obligations and social responsibility?
- What is the effect of the influence of international relations and political systems?
- What is the influence of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as well as the influence of local, national, and international legislation?
- What effect does technology have?View Full Posting Details