1. Does Outback Steakhouse have any substantial impacts for their growth expansion plans?
2. Identify Outback Steakhouse performance surrounding these key issues:
- Restaurant expansion
- Operating efficiency
- Growth strategy
- Customer retention
- Cultural Considerations
- Restaurant sales
3. Conduct additional research as necessary to provide the most up to date perspective on this case. Search for the following information:
- Annual Report
- SEC Form 10-K
- Annual Shareholders Proxy Statement
- Competitive/Industry Information
4.Use the written case analysis format to present findings from the case analysis. The case analysis should Include the following 5 sections:
- Executive Summary
- Statement of the Problem
- Causes of the Problem
- Decision Criteria and Alternative SolutionsRecommended Solution, Implementation and Justification
The problems related to international expansion of Outback Steakhouse are discussed. Causes of the problem are presented. Further, competitive analysis is done, alternative solutions are presented, and the best alternative is selected. The best alternative is that Outback Steakhouse should acquire a steakhouse chain in the country where it wants to expand. Finally, the implementation plan and justification for the selected solution is presented.
Statement of the Problem:
Outback Steakhouse plans to expand internationally, however, it faces problems related to its product, and operations that may prevent its expansion.
Causes of the Problem:
Operating Efficiency: When expanding abroad it faces the operating problems relating to quality of meat purchased, the culture of its employees, and the acceptance of Outback Steakhouse products in foreign countries.
Growth Strategy: The growth strategy for international expansion can be acquiring fast food chains in the countries that are targeted.(a) The other strategy is renting real estate in several locations and opening operations. If the operations are not profitable ...
Outback Steakhouse's international expansion is discussed step-by-step in this solution. The response also has the sources used.
PepsiCo & Strategy, Industry Lifecycle, Hofstede's 5 Factors, Outback International Expansion
Please, I really need your help. Can you please help me with these sets of questions? Thanks in advance and I truly appreciate it.
1. In looking at the industry in which you currently work, which life cycle stage do you think it is in at the present time? What do you see happening that could move it into the next stage? Provide a rationale for your thoughts. (Note that this question is changed from the one in your weekly materials)
2. Perform some research on the web, and outline the evolution of PepsiCo from 1970 forward. How has their portfolio changed over the years (include the Pepsi-Cola Bottling Group in the portfolio)?
3. In your web research for Prompt 1, you will notice that PepsiCo's portfolio has included (or currently includes) such companies as Wilson Sporting Goods, North American Van Lines, Frito-Lay, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut and Quaker Oats. Discuss how PepsiCo's corporate strategy has evolved.
4. Research Outback Steakhouse on the web: Have they pursued their international strategy? How did they approach it? How successful has this strategy been?
5. Given that the US has been described as the "melting pot" of the world, do you think Hofstede's five factor assessment of our culture is accurate? Sustainable? Why?View Full Posting Details