Prepare a 1,600-1,750-word response in which you evaluate an organization's mission, vision, goals, and objectives and discuss the relationship between quality and each of the following:
b. Discuss the characteristics of the other organization's Total Quality Management (TQM) style and compare those characteristics with your own organization.
c. Discuss the extent to which the other organizations TQM practices could be integrated into your organization.
In this strategic plan analysis, I have chosen the Ford Motors company that is an American multinational corporation and the world's fourth largest automaker based on worldwide vehicle sales. In the year 1903, Ford Motor Company was established in Dearborn, Michigan. Ford Motors Company mainly functions in two sectors i.e. Automotive and Financial Services. In the Automotive sector, the company trades vehicles underneath the various brand names i.e. Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, and Volvo (Ford Motors, 2009).
In this sector, its main aim is to establish its name all over the world by designing, developing, manufacturing and rendering innovative cars and trucks. Besides that, the company also furnishes a wide range of services to their retail customers like after sales services, maintenance repair service, discount on vehicle accessories, extensive service warranty, etc. On the other hand, the financial services sector provides several automotive financing products by automotive traders. It also allows for retail financing that covers buying retail installment sale contracts, retail lease contracts from dealers, and also provide financing services to their commercial clients in order to purchase or lease vehicles (Ford Motors, 2009).
- Mission: The company's mission is to key out the customers' demands and then provide prominent products and services, which ultimately boosts up people's lives & their standards.
- Vision: To establish its name as the world's leading User Company in the automobile sector by plunging into the largest market share through satisfying the customers' requirements with quality products.
- Goals: To clearly or specifically set the goal is the essential task of the business concern. It reflects what the company desires to attain in the future. The company's major goals include:
- Fulfilling the ever growing consumers' demand by providing a substantial line of cars and trucks, as per their demands.
- Originate business fruitfully by developing stimulating, worthy and creditworthy vehicles. Make great value for company's shareholders & communities by yielding high returns.
- Amending cost structure, putting in new innovative products, improving the balance sheet and functioning as a single global team is the key presidency of the company.
- The company also targets that its new innovative vehicles will personify applauded for their quality, value and safety. Environmental perspective also is a major constituent of company's renewed plans.
- To become leaders in its property.
- Objectives: The objectives are the ends that reflect specifically, how the company goals shall be attained. The main objective of the company is to sustain its market position or capture large market share by effectively rendering the innovative quality product & services to their customers, so that it will be easy to become the market ...
This solution discusses the strategic plan of Ford Motors, including a comparison of the management style at Ford Motors with General Motors. A discussion regarding General Motors is then provided with how some of their total quality management practices can be integrated into Ford. Four references are provided to support this 1,712 word response.