When the constitution was proposed in 1787, it was gravely opposed by the anti-federalists due to the fear of the Federal governments. They had already just passed through difficult colonial period under British. The amendments are the following:
1. First Amendments guarantees series of freedoms.
2. Second Amendment empowers the citizen to carry arms for self-defense.
3. The third amendment assured there would be no quartering.
4. The fourth amendment is against unreasonable searches and seizures.
5. The fifth Amendment gives some specific rights to the accused.
6. The sixth Amendment guarantees more rights to the accused.
7. The seventh Amendment ensures the rights of the citizens involved in non-criminal cases.
8. The Eighth Amendment shields the citizens against cruel punishments. It also protect them against unreasonable bails and fines.
9. The Ninth Amendment even guarantees rights which are not even enlisted in the constitution.
10. The tenth Amendment exclusively mentions about reserved powers
The detailed analysis of the above rights and its source material are explained in the solution.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 20, 2018, 8:27 pm ad1c9bdddf
The Bill of Rights
The first ten amendments guaranteed certain rights and liberties to the people the United States.
Freedoms of the First Amendment:
When the original constitution was proposed in 1787 in Philadelphia, it was opposed by Anti-Federalists because they feared dictatorship of the Federal government. Their memories were filled with the brutal English colonial rule. Therefore, the first amendment guaranteed series of freedoms. They are the freedom of religion, press, speech, assembly, and right to give petition to the government to set right any matter. It should be noted that state cannot patronize any religion.
An organized Army and right to bear Arms:
The second amendment understood the need for a well-organized army for the protection of the state. The citizens can also carry arms.
No Quartering for the Military personnel:
The third amendment assured the citizens that there would be no quartering or housing military personnel during peace time.
No Unreasonable search and Seizures:
The fourth amendment ensures that people are safe in their houses. There will not be any unreasonable searches and seizures. If there are any warrants, it must be genuine with a proper cause.
Rights of the Accused people:
The Fifth Amendment has given certain specific rights for the accused. First of all, he has every right to be tried by a Grand Jury. He shall not be tried for the same offense again. The accused should not be compelled to testify against him. In other words, he should be given all the rights during the legal process. If the ...
This solution help the students in understanding about the different aspects of the Bill of Rights. It consisted of multiple rights of American citizen before law. The constitution unequivocally guaranteed these freedoms to all the American citizens irrespective gender, color or race. The step by step understanding of each rights is worth reading.