1) What is aggregate planning?
2) Provide an example of when you or your organization relied on aggregate planning.
3) How did aggregate planning help you achieve organizational goals?
1) Aggregate planning is an "'attempt' to match the supply of and demand for a product or service by determining the appropriate quantities and timing of inputs, transformation, and outputs. Decisions made on production, staffing, inventory and backorder levels"
(Source: http://www.uo guelph.ca/~dsparlin/aggregat.htm)
2) As an educational institution of adult degree programs, my organization relies heavily on aggregate planning for budgeting purposes and market targeting. Part of aggregate planning is forecasting needs, such as personnel; how much to allot to advertising; amount of space to use for classrooms, which would include physical overhead; and, how much ...
Aggregate planning and organizational goals are determined.