Task Name: Phase 1 Discussion Board
Details: You meet on a semi-regular basis with a managerial networking group. This time, there's a speaker who proposes that performance can be conceptualized as resulting from a combination of individual differences such as personality and ability and the situational context.
After her talk, the question and answer session evolves into a discussion of when one might expect individual differences or situational context to be more influential on performance.
Objective: Describe how individual differences influence organizational activities.
Use effective communication techniques.
Phase I DB - Individuals in Organizations
Specifically, you need to consider:
All work submitted should always be written per APA expectations (paragraph/sentence structure, double spacing, proper grammar, title, abstract and reference pages, in text citations, appropriate introduction and conclusion paragraphs, spell out acronyms the first time it appears in your writing, write out numbers ten and below, etc.), and please
The task evolves around a question and answer communication, so you need to present your work in that manner.
You need to include a mention of the managerial networking group meeting, and a short overview of what the speaker talked about.
In the Q and A discussion, be sure to include the concepts mentioned, specifically, performance can be conceptualized as resulting from a combination of individual differences such as personality and ability, and the situational context.
Also, you need to specifically discuss when one might expect individual differences or situational contexts to be more influential on performance.
You will need to use MS Word to complete this assignment.
Be sure to use at least two resources for EVERY assignment and properly cite your work.
Always check your grammar/spelling before submitting your work.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 4:37 pm ad1c9bdddf
At the networking meeting a speaker related that all situations are guided, resolved, created by the personalities of the individual and the situational context. This is obviously true since it is the people involved and situation that are at stake. It would be most likely that personality is the most prevalent in situations that meet the needs of the individual's agenda. In situations where blame is involved, again personalities will be important as it ...
A discussion on how individual differences can influence an organization's activities using both information on personalities and situational context.
Paper on Diversity in Organizations
Imagine, if you will, that you are the CEO for a U.S. technology company that has agreed to enter a joint venture with a successful technology company in India. The venture will involve creation of cross-cultural, cross-functional teams comprised of American and Indian workers in order to generate innovative IT solutions that could serve both the U.S. and India markets.
Please provide assistance in:
Designing a Diversity Management Plan for the American CEO and her Company in 4-6 pages (cover is not necessary but appreciated) with the following:
1. Introductory Analysis in which you succinctly address (2-3 pp.):
• Keys to successful diversity management, and
• Diversity challenges and opportunities related to entering the India market and to developing the U.S.-India teams (please also consider the first note below regarding the many ways to view diversity).
2. Basic elements of your plan, rationale for each element, and how each element addresses the diversity challenges that you have identified (2-3 pp.). Elements of your plan should address vital HR needs including:
• Recruiting, selection, and orientation
• Training and development
• Any other human resource management topics that are crucial to the success of the U.S. company entering into this joint venture with the India technology company.
• Remember that most of the diversity issues that you read about discuss racial/ethnic/gender components. Of course, there are many ways to view diversity, including the diversity of ideas or perspectives in a more general way. For example, there may be individuals working in a group who, regardless of their demographic differences, have religious, political, philosophical, and/or socio-economic differences regarding how they make decisions, how they organize their work or how they communicate with and relate to others.
• Draw upon other sources in the background materials to guide your work, and reference any sources that you use in your work (at least FIVE in this case, please).
• Use headings and subheadings to clearly show the structure of your analysis.