From the Morningstar Database of Industry Sector Performance, http://news.morningstar.com/stockReturns/CapWtdIndustryReturns.html, examine the financial performance of various industries over 1 year and 5 year timeframes. Pick one industry that has achieved an excess of 10% return to shareholders in both time frames. Then pick one industry that has had a negative return to shareholders in both time frames.
1. What kinds of industries tend to be better performers in the medium to long term? Why? What kinds of industries tend to do poorly in the medium to long term? Why?
2. Can you make the claim that some industries are inherently more profitable than others? Provide arguments and examples to justify your response.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:45 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Industries such as railroad, resorts & casinos, and insurance services tend to be better performers in the medium to long term. This is due to management practices used within the industry, and to the pattern of cash flow in the industry. For example, in the resorts & casinos industry, the revenue flow may be volatile in the short run, but is stable when viewed in the medium to long term. Management practices used in the industry such as the sale of time shares, can smooth some of the volatility.
Industries such as gold and coal tend to do poorly in ...
This solution discusses performance of industries and the reasons why some are more profitable than others.
Strategy Implementation and Control
This is in reference post 88600
This is what the teacher is asking , i HAVE ENCLOSED WHAT HE IS ASKING , ( 2) THE SOLUTION (3) THE POWER POINT PROJECT.
THESE TWO questions below was are I am stuck on , I do appreciate you help.
5) 1/5/10 year strategic objectives?you will need to develop measurable objectives and strategies for reaching them for those timeframes and be sure to provide as many as possible?do not be brief or casual, at least three objectives for each timeframe .
8) Re-evaluation?you will need to describe how you will evaluate your progress for the 1/5/10 year objectives .View Full Posting Details