For the final project, you will evaluate the financial health of a Wal-Mart. Write a 750- to 1,000-word paper in APA format and create a PowerPoint® presentation that summarizes your evaluation. Prior to writing the paper, you will need to research your chosen company and conduct an industry comparison to determine how your company's financial performance compares with others in its industry (amazon.com).
To begin your research, you can refer to the work you completed in the Week One CheckPoint and the Ch. 1 PowerPoint®. As you conduct your research, consider the following factors as a guideline for determining the financial health of your company:
- Financial data from the company's annual report or 10-K report
- Current and future financial performance of the company
- Success of the company's operations
- Policies and strategies of management
- Performance of the economy
- How the company is doing in comparison with its competitors in the same industry
You can also refer to the information and examples in Ch. 6 to complete your evaluation: pp. 194-196 outline various sources you can use in addition to financial statements, pp. 195-196 focus specifically on library resources for help with comparative research, and Figure 6.2 on p. 212 lists the steps of a financial statement analysis.
The following information must be included in your paper:
- A summary of your company's current financial performance
- The importance of industry comparisons and trend analysis
- An assessment of your company's financial performance compared with others in its industry
Use APA formatting guidelines, and submit your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment. Be sure to cite your sources and include Web site URLs where appropriate.
In addition to your paper, create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation consisting of 3 to 5 slides that highlights the financial data of your company and illustrates the comparisons you wrote about in your paper. The following is a suggested outline for the presentation:
1. Slide One: Overview of your chosen company
2. Slide Two: A summary of your company's financial data
3. Slide Three: The results of your industry comparison
4. Slide Four: A summary of your evaluation of your company's financial health
5. Slide Five: Your recommendations for corrections needed or future trends for the next quarter or next year© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 20, 2018, 4:32 am ad1c9bdddf
Please find the suggestions for the Powerpoint for preparing Financial Health of Wal-Mart *ATTACHED*.
Running Head: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
Financial Health of Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart is the largest grocery retail store chain of the world, which is headquartered in US. On the basis of revenue it is also the largest public corporation around the globe. It operates its business in several countries worldwide, which causes an increase its market structure and revenue. It serves more than 200 million customers weekly through more than 8159 retail stores in 15 countries under 55 different brand names. The total sales for the fiscal year 2009 were $401 million for the organization (Wal-Mart, 2010).
Financial Data of the Company
The business operation of Wal-Mart is increasing continuously, which is causing an increase in the financial performance of the business. The net sales of the company for year 2009 were $401.2 billion, which were 7.2% higher from the revenue in the year 2008. Total operating income of the company for fiscal year 2009 was $22.8 billion, which were $0.8 billion high than the operating income in 2008. The increase in revenue and income caused an increase in earnings per share and dividend per share, which significantly increased the value of its shareholders. The earnings per share were $3.35 and dividend per share was $0.95 for the year 2009. The net income of Wal-Mart for the year 2009 was $13 billion, which were also ...
This solution evaluates the financial health of the company, Wal-Mart.