1. While surfing the Internet, you encounter this note posted in your favorite discussion group. Help, I have just been assigned to head a new product design team at my company. The division manager has high expectations for the team and me, but I have been a technical design engineer for four years since graduating from college. I have never "managed" anyone, let along lead a team. The manager keeps talking about her confidence that I will create a "high performance team." Does anyone out there have any tips to help me master this challenge? As a good citizen of the Internet, you decide to answer. What message will you send?
2. Pick an organization that you are familiar with and tell about the types of contributions that organization makes and what types of goals it has adopted.
3. What are the major advantages and disadvantages of both the functional departmentalization and of matrix departmentalization?
4. Why would Ford Motors want to shift to a matrix design organization for the design and development of cars and trucks but not do so in its manufacturing and assembly operations?
5. Discuss the process of OD (Organizational Development) and provide an overview of its diagnostic foundations in a small business such as Venus Cleaners.
6. What are members of self-managing teams typically expected to do?
7. List the three aspects that help individuals and groups work together effectively and illustrate them through practical examples© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 19, 2018, 11:28 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/organizational-behaviour/organizational-behavior-adopted-goals-109895
The solution examines organizational behavior and organizations adopted goals. The advantages and disadvantages of functional departmentalization and of matrix departmentalization are analyzed.