1. Identify the pros and cons of group decisions.
2. Identify at least three ways that a manager can become a more supportive communicator?
3. In what way does culture influence communication? How can cross-cultural communication be improved?
4. Describe the Delphi technique, the nominal group technique, and the stepladder technique of decision making, and explain each briefly.
5. Explain the overall communication process, and describe each of its corresponding elements.
6. Identify the three primary models of individual decision making, and briefly describe each.
1. I think that one of the major pros of group decisions, is that group decisions allow for a great deal of input from different individuals which increases the pool of ideas from which decisions can be made. This increases the probability that the most efficient and effective decision will be made on a given issue. I think that a major con of group decisions is that group decisions can be very time-consuming, due to the fact that it may take a great deal of time for there to be some form of consensus within the group as to which decisions are utilized in a given situation.
2. I think that one of the most important ways that a manager can become a more supportive communicator, is for the manager to learn to trade minds with the individual that they are communicating with. This entails understanding the situation from the point of view of the individual that they are seeking to communicate with, and empathizing with their perspective or situation at that time. I think another way that a manager can become a more supportive communicator is for that manager to increase their ability to ...
This solution discusses communication and decision making within a business or organization.
Business continuity management
Review the e-text and other readings, and pick out five terms or concepts. At least one term must be included from each week's learning (You will need to look ahead for your term from Week 5). "Terms" can be either general or specific.
Write an essay where you define and explain these five terms and apply them to a critique of management in either a past or present workplace or life experience. Focus should be placed on how to improve the management in your company or life, using what you've learned. For example, you might choose "employee buy-in to the BCP" as a concept. Then, you could write about how your organization's decision-making methods could be improved based on research, text, lecture, etc. material on this topic.
The Final Exam is to be
· in APA format (If you were weak in this, by now you should be much better because you've taken advantage of your teammates' knowledge),
· in MS Word with a title page,
· an Executive Summary,
· an introductory paragraph,
· a discussion portion with graphics and/or charts (If you didn't know how to do this, by now you should have learned from a team member),
· a conclusion paragraph,
· and a reference page with at least four references (minimum of three references must come from the articles in the UOP Library).
A few terms talked about in Business Continuity Management
Week 1 - Ethical and cultural considerations
Week 2 - Communication and teamwork
Week 3 - Business continuity or crisis management
Week 4 - Risk Analysis or Training employees for Disasters
Week 5 - Disaster preparedness or exposure to disasters: