For each company, please answer the following by researching the company: Please be comprehensive and provide sources. APA format. Don't use websites as sole sources (Note- One company, one question).
1. Wamart- Give an overall description of the company's history to this day. How did it evolve to be the organization it is today?
2. IBM- What are the organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats?
3. Citigroup- Provide an internal, external and stakeholder environmental description.
4. Exxon Mobil- Summarize the major strategic issues facing this organization in relation to the industry.
5. TATA Motors- If you were the organization's CEO, preparing a presentation to your Board of Directors regarding next steps in your grand strategy, what would they be?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 17, 2018, 11:53 am ad1c9bdddf
On July 2, 1962, Sam Walton opened the first Wal-Mart Discount City store at 719 Walnut Avenue in Rogers, Arkansas. Wal-Mart Stores was incorporated in 1969. In 1970 Wal-Mart was registered on the New York Stock exchange. In 1987, Wal-Mart grew to 1,198 stores with sales of $15.9 billion and 200,000 employees. In 1998, Wal-Mart introduced the Neighborhood Market with three stores in Arkansas. In 2005, Wal-Mart operated 20% of the retail grocery and consumables business. In 2002, Wal-Mart was listed as the largest US Company on Fortune 500 list. After Katrina struck in 2005, Wal-Mart was the first retailer to open up supply chains and open its stores. In 2006-7, Wal-Mart modified its strategy to compete effectively with upscale retailers. In 2009, Wal-Mart decided to develop a sustainable product index. In 2011, Wal-Mart decided to improve the nutritional value of its store brands by reducing salt and sugar, and removing trans-fats. In 2012, the largest Supercenter in the US was located in Crossgates Commons in Albany. Wal-Mart has planned to open about 20 Wal-Mart Express stores in 2012 (Roberts. B, & Berg. N, 2012).
The strengths of IBM include its formidable reputation. It size is an important strong point. It has a value of $66 billion and has more than 400,000 employees. It has been profitable for a long time and this has improved its financial strength. It has dedicated research facilities for technological ...
Company Research of five companies is provided in a structured manner in this response. The answer includes references used.