1. Using CJCSI 3170.01 describe the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS).
2. What are Key Performance Parameters (KPP) and why are they necessary to be defined in the acquisition process?
3. What are the four elements of Net-Ready Key Performance Parameter (NR-KPP)?
4. Why is interoperability important in the acquisition community?
5. Define Initial Operational Capability and Full Operational Capability.
6. Briefly describe Milestone A, B, & C and name several specific events that occur within each milestone.
7. Why is an Interagency Program Office (IPO) formed?
8. Describe the four phases of the resource allocation process.
9. Explain why there is an on-year/off-year cycle process in the resource allocation process.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 17, 2018, 6:32 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) is a defense acquisition system including planning, programming, budgeting and execution (PPBE) process of DOD. It is among the three principal decision support process of DoD's that transforms the military forces the national military strategy and the defense strategy. JCIDS procedures are developed to support the Commander, Joint Chiefs of Staffs (CJCS) and Requirements Oversight Council (JROC) for identifying, assessing, and prioritizing the needs of joint military capacities.
2) Key Performance Parameters (KPP) is defined as key system capabilities that are required in order to meet system operational goals. KPP is identified by the Capability Development Document (CDD) and Capability Production Document (CPD) that is used to contribute to the required operational capability in a threshold and in an objective format. It is necessary to be defined in acquisition process because KPP find out the system capabilities to meet its goal and this is most important in the acquisition process. An acquisition process is more successful if it meets the desired goal.
3) The four elements of Net-Ready Key Performance Parameter (NR-KPP) that provides key structural architectural models and common terminology are:
(i) Compliance with the Net-Centric Operations and Warfare (NCOW) Reference Model ...
Project acquisition management is examined. The initial operational capability is defined. The interoperability important in the acquisition community is examined.