Can you help with this? Original only please, with at least 5 references. Thanks!
Select one of the following 500 International Companies in the service industry: Allstate Insurance, Boeing, United Health Group, New York Life Insurance, Wells Fargo, Humana, State Farm Insurance Cos., United Parcel Service, Fed Ex.
It has to be a Fortune 500 service industry.
Using your selected company as the basis for your research, prepare a paper that will:
1. Describe the main line of business of the company
2. Name four of the countries in which the company operates
3. Explain, in detail, the implementation of the 4P's marketing mix concept by the company
4. Describe any differences observed in the implementation of this concept, from one country to another.
Hello there. Here are some suggestions to help you on this paper. I have provided a lot of digital sources for you to check out. Make sure to supplement this information with any of your own knowledge or ideas that you might have.
1. Main line of business
FedEx Corporation, originally known as FDX Corporation, is a logistics services company, with headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. FDX Corporation was founded in January 1998 with the acquisition of Caliber System Inc. Subsidiaries included RPS, a small-package ground service; Roberts Express, an expedited shipping provider; Viking Freight, a regional freight carrier serving the Western United States; Caribbean Transportation Services, a provider of airfreight forwarding between the United States and the Caribbean; and Caliber Logistics and Caliber Technology, providers of logistics and technology solutions. The original air division was called Federal Express.
Source: "FedEx in Memphis." FedEx. Retrieved on November 3, 2011.
Today, FedEx is organized into operating units.
- FedEx Express is the original overnight courier service and provides next day air service within the U.S. and in select international locations.
- FedEx Ground offers guaranteed day-definite delivery within Canada and the United States at a significant lower cost than time-definite FedEx Express services.
- FedEx Home Delivery specializes in delivering packages to private residences.
- FedEx SmartPost works in conjunction with the United States Postal Service and consolidates commercial goods.
- FedEx Freight delivers less than truckload (LTL) freight.
- FedEx Trade Network provides services relating to customs, insurance, and transportation.
- FedEx Supply Chain is the logistics division.
- FedEx ...
Describes how FedEx implements the 4 Ps of marketing and describes the differences in implementation from market to market across nations.