Create your data analysis design using the information below.
Research Topic: Enrollment of College of Business Administration at Texas A&M University- Kingsville
(General information about research topic)
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is located in historic Kingsville, a friendly, safe city of 25,000 that is the home of the legendary King Ranch. Corpus Christi and its beaches are just 40 miles to the northeast, and the border with Mexico is 120 miles to the south at Brownsville or 119 miles to the west at Laredo. College of Business is noted for preparation of business professionals and offers a broad variety of undergraduate and Graduate programs. College of Business Administration is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) to offer the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree at the undergraduate level and the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) and the Master of Professional Accountancy (M.P.A.) degrees at the graduate level. The College of Business Administration is composed of the following three departments:
- The Department of Accounting and Computer Information Systems
- The Department of Economics and Finance
-The Department of Management and Marketing
In addition, the College houses the J.R. Manning Center for Professional Ethics which serves as the location of the Philosophy program for the University. Primary service area of the College of Business is the three counties of Kleberg, Nueces, and Jim Wells. However, it has traditionally also drawn many students from the areas around San Antonio, Victoria, and the Rio Grande Valley.
Since A&M-Kingsville became part of The Texas A&M University System, and changed its name in 1993, its identity has suffered. No external campaign promoted the name change or made it known. And, no marketing effort has attempted to re-establish the old identity, or create a new one. In this same environment, competition for students has increased from community colleges and universities throughout South Texas, while universities from other parts of the state and nation are increasing their recruitment efforts in South Texas as they attempt to increase their minority enrollments. From 1998 to 2002 the enrollment of College Of Business increased 38%, from 713 to 986. However this is significantly lower than desired.
The prior research objective is to prepare a marketing research to increase the enrollment of College Of Business Administration at Texas A&M University-Kingsville and offer strategic goals that support this objective. The other main objectives to do this are as follows:
1. Obtain information about the general characteristics and student demographics of College Of Business and use statistics of enrollment and retention rates to understand the current situation and define the target population.
2. Refer to the results of previous studies and marketing plans to determine the strengths and weaknesses to prepare a SWOT analysis.
3. Analyze the survey results of all external and internal audiences, learn the general opinions and focus on the biggest qualities and lacks of the school.
4. Search the rival institutions in South Texas, learn their superiorities and lacks to compare with A&M-Kingsville
5. Evaluate performance and offer goals to implement a plan with resources available.
DATA ANALYSIS DESIGN
Project: Texas A&M University-Kingsville improving the enrollment in the College of Business Administration at different levels that is (B.B.A), (M.B.A) and (M.P.A) levels.
One analysis used will be "Discriminant analysis"
1. Texas A&M University-Kingsville marketing research team will formulate the problem and gather data - Identify the salient attributes consumers use to evaluate products in this category - Use quantitative marketing research techniques (such as surveys) to collect data from a sample of potential customers concerning their ratings of all the product attributes. The data collection stage is usually done by marketing research professionals. Survey questions ask the respondent to rate a product from one to five (or 1 to 5) on a range of attributes chosen by the researcher. Anywhere from five to twenty attributes will be chosen. They could include things like: reputation, placement after graduation, the quality of faculty and computing facilities. The attributes chosen will vary depending on the area being studied. The same question is asked about all the attributes in the study. The data for multiple dimensions is codified and input into a statistical program such as SPSS or SAS.
2. Texas A&M University-Kingsville marketing research team will estimate the Discriminant Function Coefficients and determine the statistical significance and validity - Texas A&M University-Kingsville marketing research team will choose the appropriate discriminant analysis method. The direct method involves estimating the discriminant function so that all the predictors are assessed simultaneously. The stepwise method enters the predictors sequentially. The two-group method will be used when the dependent variable has two categories or states. The multiple discriminant method is used when the dependent variable has three or more categorical states. Texas A&M University-Kingsville marketing research team will use Wilks's Lambda to test for significance in SPSS or F stat in SAS. This is the most common method used to test validity is to split the sample into an estimation or analysis sample, and a validation or holdout sample. The estimation sample will be used by the Texas ...