Marketing is often criticized for providing products and services that are, e.g., targeted to vulnerable consumers, bad for the environment, not needed, cost too much, socially dysfunctional, or even bad for those who want and use them.
Provide a few examples that prompt these criticisms.
Are there any good examples of marketing having delivered consumer and/or social value that you can name?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:15 am ad1c9bdddf
The Apple Watch has prompted criticism that is it an overpriced, throwaway consumer electronic. Critics cite the watch as having an identity problem: is it an electronic gadget or a fashion statement (Kurtzleben, 2015)? Others claim that there are too few uses for the watch (Goode, 2015). Apple has been accused of trying to create a new market through this new, expensive timepiece.
Children are said to be the most vulnerable consumers (Radunovis, 2014). Sugary cereals, candy, and fast food meals with movie-related toys are marketing to children via television ...
This solution provides examples and APA formatted references of products that have been marketed to vulnerable consumers, cost too much or are bad for society. Also provides examples of products that offer consumer value.
Journal Article Review (Statistics)
Answer the question according to the attached article (Branding smartphone industry.pdf)
1) What is the main hypothesis / question posed by this study ?
2) Why is it an important question to ask/investigate ?
3) Describe the study design (e.g. cross-sectional, longitudinal, etc.)
4) What was the sample size?
5) What are the main independent and dependent variable (for the main hypothesis of interest?)
6) How were the independent and dependent variables measured? Give the measurement instrument used and the type of data (e.g. nominal, ordinal, continuous, etc.)
7) What aspects of their statistical analyses did you NOT understand? Write down unfamiliar terms or points of confusion
(please give suggestion on this one)