What marketing research would you conduct to start an online school?
1. Problem definition
2. Research design
a. Exploratory - interviews, focus groups to understand problem - for example, what makes the image good or bad
b. Descriptive - surveys, phone interviews - for example, to determine market size, demographics
c. Causal - cause and effect - for example, a contest has what effect on sales
3. Data collection methods - primary (original) and secondary (existing)
4. Data collection forms - what tool will be used (for example, survey, focus group, interview, internet questionnaire)
5. Sample size and data collection
6. Evaluation of results
1. I would look into what is specifically needed for the school. For example why this type of scholars needed and can it be profitable?
2. I would research this with an eclectic approach. I would also do quantitative and qualitative analysis.
I would use a ...
The methods for doing market research for an online school ate discussed and described.
Case- Educating Octavia
Attached case - Educating Octavia.
1. What market research has Octavia done?
2. What else could she be doing in her market research?
3. How well is she using her market research information?
4. Does Octavia's product line make sense? Why/Why not?
5. Does her distribution strategy make sense? Why/Why not?
6. How could she use her relationship with Ocean Spray?
7. What other ways could she get customer (stores) feedback?
8. What other ways could she get consumer feedback?
9. Is Octavia a "Qualified Entrepreneur" ?