I need your help with questions on Computer Information System. I need your help with an article that I have to write a paper on, which I have already written 7 pages. I also need help with defining MANAGEMENT METRICS.
The title of the article is "Ensure Data and Database Interoperability Management Metrics 16-Point Plan Metrics Overview: 16 critical software practices" (http://www.iceincusa.com/16CSP/content/10_data/mmtrrgt.htm). Thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 5:31 pm ad1c9bdddf
Interesting topic! Please see response attached for a broader explanation and a tentative outline for your paper. I hope this helps and take care. I downloaded the article in the attached response for convenience.
The following information is from the article.
Management Metrics refers to software metrics, which are designed to give a manager an accurate picture of where they are and what is going on in the software development. While predicting the future is a notoriously difficult undertaking, some metrics can provide advance warnings about what lies ahead. While it seems obvious that a good manager should prefer using quantitative information to ...
This solution discusses the suggested article on various dimensions, such as the definition of management metrics, managing through metrics, the purpose of metrics and the suggested 16-point minimal metrics needed for success. It also provides a tentative outline and suggested headings for the paper.
Management Information Systems and Programming Operations
- In your opinion, which of the strategies for gaining competitive advantage is most effective, and why? Which is least effective, and why?
- Suppose you are the CEO of a mid-size company. Which information technologies would you be most likely to implement at your company, and why?
- What do you see as the most significant pros and cons of using the Five Forces Model to evaluate information technologies?
- Explain the computer classification of each operating system (OS).
- Describe the software types.
Identify the generations of computer languages used.
- Reflect on how the software types and computer languages have evolved over time, and what this has meant for the use of these operating systems.
- Include a table that compares the programming languages according to criteria of your choice, as evaluated in your paper. Use this table to support the assertions in your paper.
Select three technology tools.
- For each, explain how use of this tool has contributed to cyber crimes, focusing on how the crimes are committed and what related protection strategies exist.
- For each, explain how use of this tool can lead to a violation of privacy and what may be done to protect against that.
- Which of the guidelines for security systems do you find most essential and why?
- Describe whether there any security system guidelines that could be eliminated without weakening the security system.
- Explain which elements of such a security system would be most difficult to protect or enforce.
- Outline a wireless network and technology that you use regularly. What sorts of security issues do you face, and how do you address them?
- Describe a mobile network and technology that you use regularly. What sorts of security issues do you face, and how do you address them?
- In your opinion, what is the importance of the convergence phenomenon? How might it affect IT or MIS development in the years to come?
- In your opinion, what are the two most useful Internet services? Explain.
- In your opinion, what are the two most useful Web applications? Explain.
- Select two Web 2.0, 3.0, or Internet2 trends to compare. How has each changed typical Internet usage? • Which do you think will have more staying power and why?
Explain relevant components and functions (or services) of elements of the Internet and related Web technologies. Address the following components:
- The Internet and Web
- The DNS and directories
- Navigational tools and search engines
- Intranets and extranets
- Explain whether, in your opinion, e-commerce will increase or decrease in the years to come; can it outpace in-person commerce?
- Describe the business model you would be most likely to use if starting an e-commerce business of your own.
- Describe several of the pros and cons of e-commerce as compared to in-person commerce.
- Describe how a product or service would move through the business-to-consumer e-commerce cycle.
- Illustrate how a product or service would move through the business-to-business e-commerce cycle (use a B2B model of your choice).
- Analyze how mobile- and voice-based technologies could be used in each of the above e-commerce cycles.