Group Dynamic Questions
1 What are five practices of effective leaders? Describe each
2 Describe four leadership styles within the situational leadership mode. Provide an example of each.
3 How do most effective leaders establish credibility?
4 What are four components of effective persuasion? Create a hypothetical case study, or possibly a situation you have actually experienced, where a team leader was trying to get members more committed to a team. Discuss the effectiveness of their techniques.
5 Discuss the differences between transactional leadership and transformational leadership. What are the outcomes of each?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. The first practice of effective leadership is modeling the way. The leaders establish the principle concerning the way people should be treated and the way goals should be pursued. They create standards of excellence. The second practice of effective leadership is that leaders inspire a shared vision. The leaders believe strongly that they can make a difference. They see a vision of the future, create an ideal, and a unique image of what the organization can be. Through their magnetism and quiet persuasion leaders enlist others. The third practice is to challenge the process. Leaders search for opportunities to change the status quo, they look for innovative ways to improve the organization (1). The fourth practice of effective leadership is to enable others to act. Leaders create collaboration and build spirited teams. They actively involve others. They create an environment of trust and dignity. The fifth practice of effective leadership is that it encourages the heart. The leaders keep hope and determination alive. The leaders recognize the contributions that make individuals make. The members share in the rewards of their efforts. The leaders celebrate accomplishments. They make people feel like heroes.
2. The first of the four leadership styles within the situational leadership model is coaching. Coaching involves hands on involvement in an employee's work process. Coaching is effective if the employee acknowledges the weakness and indicates a desire to improve. An example of coaching is when the casts prepared by a team worker break easily. The team leader joins with the team worker to make high quality casts. The second of four leadership styles within the situational leadership is directing. ...
The response provides you a structured explanation of group dynamics and leadership theory. The differences between transactional leadership and transformational leadership is discussed. It also gives you the relevant references.
Culture, Communication, Leadership Styles, and Trust
Imagine you are a management consultant. You have been hired by BP Oil company to analyze their communications and leadership. You have been asked to submit a final report to the executive team with your findings including the following:
1. A description of the company's communication structure and identify ways that culture has influenced the structure.
2. A discussion of the barriers to communication that may arise when leading diverse teams. Identify specific methods for overcoming those barriers and develop a high performing team.
3. An analysis of the various leadership styles and different types of leaders.
4. An assessment of the level of trust in the organization and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Recommendations for motivating the workforce that are clearly based on motivational theory.