- Describe and analyze the Style and Situational approaches to leadership.
- Compare and contrast the two styles and identify best use case for each of the styles.
- Describe which approach would be most effective in your current or previous organization. Why would that approach be best?
APA 6th ed. format
Please find help and some guidelines related to leadership styles in attached file.
The content below has been written to get you started on this assignment. This has been written to help you with this particular problem and its use is limited as such. The content of the solution must not therefore be passed on as your own work for grading or commercial purposes. You can also use the listed resources to explore your topic further.
In today's competitive business environment, it is essential for leaders to adopt effective and supportive leadership style, so they can contribute in achieving competitive advantage (Northouse, 2012). This guideline discusses the different leadership styles and situational approaches to leadership. Along with this, this tutorial also compares and contrasts two leadership styles with their best use in the practical view point. At the end, this tutorial also describes the effectiveness of approaches for current organization.
Styles and Situational Approaches to Leadership
There are various leadership styles such as laissez-faire, autocratic, participative transactional and transformational leadership styles that help the managers and leaders to manage the employees and work effectively. In the laissez-faire leadership style, leader creates less supervision on the employees because leaders believe that employees have all the necessary skills and knowledge to complete the tasks (Bonnici, 2011). On the other hand autocratic leadership style allows managers to make decisions alone without consideration of others ideas. In this leadership style, no one can challenge the decisions of leader or manager (Daft, 2008).
In the participative leadership style, leader or manager asks the employees and team members to provide their ideas in order to make better decision-making process, but the responsibility to make final decision depends upon the leader or manager. This leadership style helps in boosting employee morale in the organization. On the other hand, transactional leadership style reviews the performance of employees and provides rewards and punishment to them according to their performance. This leadership style helps the manager to achieve pre-determine goals and objectives effectively (Leitner, 2007). At the end, transformational leadership style ...
In this response, it is describer what are the Style and Situational Leadership. These two styles of leadership are compared and contrasted.
Contrast and compare leadership styles
Conduct a literature review of leadership approaches. These leadership approaches include traits, skills, style, and situational approaches to leadership. Analyze and synthesize the material on the leadership approaches.
- Develop an introduction on the background of each leadership approach and the purpose of the chosen article.
- Analyze all articles and describe the key themes that emerge across the seven selected articles.
- Synthesize the material and summarize the patterns of similarities and differences regarding how each of the authors has presented on each leadership approach.
- Based on your analysis of the literature, conclude by recommending a specific leadership approach you feel would be most effective for managing ethical behavior at your chosen organization. Be sure to justify your choice
- sources should be no more than 5 years old and should discuss some aspects of leadership approaches
few sources to start:
- Paulsen, N., Callan, V., Ayoko, O. & Saunders, D.(2013).Transformational leadership
and innovation in an R&D organization experiencing major change. Journal of
Organizational Change Management. http://callanconsulting.com.au/sites/default/files/report/J%20of%20Organ%20Change%20Man%202013.pdf
6 pages, APA 6th Edition.View Full Posting Details