Select an organization that is associated with labor relations and the public sector. Research that organization and prepare a one-page, single-sided flyer which provides details about the organization. Include each of the following in your flyer about the labor relations organization:
- The purpose of the organization
- Description of one major accomplishment or program initiated by the organization
- Description of how the organization impacts the role of a public administrator
Consider one of the following organizations:
- American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA)
- American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE)
- American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- World Federation of Personnel Management Associations (WFPMA)
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
- An organization of your choice
The attached solution is meant as a guide for the questions posed above. It is not intended as an assignment completion.
What is the USPS?
The United States Postal Service is an independent agency of the U.S. government responsible for delivering mail and packages throughout the country. It is one of the few agencies authorized by the U.S. Constitution and is required to provide services to all Americans at the same fee for service. The agency continues to expand services and products to U.S. citizens as it continues to provide mail services for letters and packages of all sizes.
What has USPS accomplished? ...
The labor relations flyers are examined. The purpose of the organization and the major accomplishment are determined.