1. In new bargaining relationships, discussions about procedural issues should occur before the major substantive issues are raised.
2. Halo effects can be positive or negative.
3. Gathering information about the other party is a critical step in preparing for negotiation.
4. Negotiation situations have fundamentally the same characteristics, with several characteristics common to all negotiation stuations.
5. The more you can do to convince the other party that his or her costs of delay or aborting negotiations will be quite high, the more likely he or she will be to establish a modest resistance point.
6. A common goal is one in which all parties share the result equally.
7. In brainstorming, participants are urged to be spontaneous, even impractical, but should also censor others' ideas.
8. Parties feel better about a settlement when negotiations involve a progression of concessions.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:09 am ad1c9bdddf
1. In new bargaining relationships, discussions about procedural issues should occur before the major substantive issues are raised. If the procedures are not agreed on the substantive issues will later be lost. TRUE
2. Halo effects can be positive or negative. TRUE. It can work both ways.
3. Gathering information about the other party is a critical step in preparing for negotiation TRUE. The needs and interests of ...
International Business is discussed in great detail in this solution.
Business ethics and social responsibility, global business, strategies, trade, WTO
Discuss the basic forms of conducting international business (export/import, licensing/franchising, contract manufacturing/outsourcing, joint ventures/alliances, and direct investment), and basic international business strategies (multinternational vs global)
Discuss the trade (economic reason why trade occurs,) the role of the World Trade Organization, regional trade agreements, and the barriers to international trade
Discuss the business ethics (concept, common issues, ethical decision factors), actions to promote ethical behavior, social responsibility (concept/dimensions, consumerism), and the business legal environment (source of law, resolution of disputes)
Plus references.View Full Posting Details