See the attachments.
Kudler Fine Foods Scenario and Assignments
Kathy Kudler, President of Kudler Fine Foods, had recently hired you, an I/O consultant to provide her with recommendations for a new organizational structure to increase organizational effectiveness in her transition to expand the company. She has decided to take your advice and add additional staff members. One of the positions that you had suggested is an Organization Development Specialist who will report directly to the Human Resource Director. Kathy would like to staff this position immediately, but does not know where to begin. She has extended your contract to include a job analysis, recruitment plan, and selection plan to hire the perfect individual for her organization.
Employee Recruitment Plan
· Resources: Kudler Fine Foods; Kudler Fine Foods Scenario and Assignments
· Read the University of Phoenix Material: Kudler Fine Foods Scenario and Assignments located on the student Web site.
· Access the Virtual Organizations Business portal from the link on the student Web site.
· Develop a recruitment plan for the organization development specialist position that considers:
o How may you cost effectively advertise this position to reach the appropriate audience?
o What may you do to make this position more appealing to applicants?
o What role does the human resource director play in your recruitment plan?
· Justify your rationale.
· Include a minimum of two to three peer-reviewed references.
· Format your paper according to APA standards.
Assignment An Analysis of Recruitment Research
Develop a recruitment plan for the Organization Development Specialist position. Take into consideration the following:
a. How can you cost effectively advertise this position to reach the appropriate audience?
b. What could you do to make this position more appealing to applicants?
c. What role does the Human Resource Director play in your recruitment plan?
Justify your rationale with a minimum of 2 to 3 peer-reviewed references and cite your sources in correct APA format.
o Provide a succinct analysis of one recruitment research study conducted from 2000 to 2007
o Include a discussion about any hypotheses, the research design, and the key findings.
o Answer the following questions:
* What research still needs to be conducted in this particular area of recruitment?
* What implications does this have for the future in the field of I/O psychology?
o Include the original research study in your references.
? Format your paper according to APA standards.
Individual Assignment 2Employee Selection Plan
Prepare two different selection plans for Kathy Kudler to choose from to staff the Organization Development Specialist position. In each plan include methods for initial screening and decision making. For each selection plan, identify the advantages and disadvantages of the plan and how the plan aligns with the company's culture. Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation for Kathy Kudler and include your rationale, citations, and APA references in the speaker notes section.
? Resources: Kudler Fine Foods: Kudler Fine Foods Scenario and Assignments
? Read Kudler Fine Foods Scenario and Assignments located on the student Web site.
? Access the Virtual Organizations Business portal from the zip file
? Prepare two different selection plans for Kathy Kudler to choose from to staff the organization development specialist position.
? Include for each plan:
o Methods for initial screening and decision making.
o Advantages and disadvantages of the plan and how the plan aligns with the company's culture.
? Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation for Kathy Kudler and include your rationale, citations, and references in the speaker notes section.
? Format your citations and references according to APA standards.
Please find guidelines for Job Description for the Organizational Development Specialist in attached files.
Running Head: KUDLER FINE FOODS: JOB ANALYSIS AND RATIONALE
Kudler Fine Foods: Formal Job Description for the Organizational Development Specialist
Formal Job Description for the Organizational Development Specialist
Organizational Development Specialist:
Introduce and execute new programs to line up all the resources, work force and key business initiatives to manage the procedure and programs.
1. Work as the consultant of management in the organization to develop and implement the various programs for the success of the organization.
2. Evaluates the initiatives and effectiveness of available resources to develop the organization.
3. Manage oversees business operations and information database for organization development.
4. Facilitates performance management programs according to the organizational goals and performance and develops the strategic planning process.
5. Develop various leadership programs to ensure that all the leaders have potential skills and knowledge to lead the employee.
6. Develop programs for the employees, so that they will be compliance with all the rules and regulations of the organization.
7. Evaluations of various kinds of software, hardware and installation tools to ensure the smooth growth of organization.
8. Smooth the progress of team building workshops and exercise to improve the cohesiveness of teams and prepare schedule and timeline to complete the projects on time.
9. Assist the management to prepare strategic programs and procedures, evaluates various organizational data and provides a report to the management for the development of the organization.
10. Behave as a change agent to manage change in the company and motivate employees to give a positive response to the change for the development of the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The Organizational Development Specialist must have two to four years experience in training and development management. He must be knowledge and equivalent familiar with the organizational concept. The person should have a bachelor's degree of management from the four year of college and university. He should have effective communication skills, mathematical skills, computer skills to manage all the assigned responsibilities.
Job Analysis and Rationale behind Job Description
Job Analysis can be defined as the important part of any company because it provides significant information about the job such as role, responsibility, education and qualification, experiences, etc. (Bobko, Roth & Buster, 2008). It explains the duties and responsibilities of an employee as per their designation and the skills and qualifications required for a particular job. It mainly evolves two important components, Job description and job specification. The process of Job analysis aims at proper organization and planning of manpower resources, assistance in recruitment, selection, training, performance appraisal, wage and salary administration, etc. (Davis, 2005).
In order to evaluate the job of Organizational Development Specialist and prepare a job specification for this post, observation method of job analysis is used. The process of job analysis comprises the details of the title of the job, features of the job, materials and equipments required for the job, task of the employee, required skills, future opportunities related to the job and the way in which the job should be performed (Job Analysis, 2007).
In order to develop the job description for organizational development specialist, a definite procedure is followed, which comprises the following steps:
➢ Compilation of Background Information: This includes the evaluation of organizational information and requirement of various designations in the firm, with the organizational chart (Stetz & Button & Porr, 2009).
➢ Selection of Job Position: The second step is the selection of the job position to run all the activities of the company in a smooth way (Mazurkiewicz & Heggestad, 2009).
➢ Collection of Data: After selecting the job position, in this step the management gathers the data and information to define the various roles and responsibilities of the position of Organizational Development Specialist. This is done with the help of questionnaires, personal interviews, daily diary records and personal observation. This step helps in outlining the skills required for the job and the scope of the job (Davis, 2005).
➢ Job Description: In this step of the job analysis process, various activities of the particular position, duties, experience and qualifications are defined (Job Analysis, 2007).
➢ Job Specification: It defines the ...
The solution provides a Kudler Fine Foods Scenario recruitment research that includes job analysis, recruitment plan and selection plan.