The case study scenario:
Creat a compensation package for an Human Resource Recruiting Manager position. Review the job description and look at comparable market data.
The solution explains why a salary range is used, the target hiring rate, along when timing of future pay increases. There is a simple graph included to help illustrate the costs of a position.
The Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Human Resources Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Recruiter:
- Develop and execute recruiting plans.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
- Create job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates as per department need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment.
--Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
--Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
--Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within industry.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Manage the use of recruiters, headhunters and staffing agencies.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct pre-screening and second interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Field, Master's preferred.
- At least three years of full cycle recruiting required in a corporate recruiting environment.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Advanced technical knowledge of employment laws related to recruiting (state and federal).
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
The Human Resource Recruiter may not be inclusive of "Manager" in the title; but this individual is tasked with managing the entire recruitment process for the organization. Based on the required knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) of this position, the comparable data utilized for research is that of a management position. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for a Human Resource Manager position as of March 2012 was $99,130 (see reference below). This was the basis used for compiling a compensation package. To ease with the mathematical computations, a small inflationary factor was added to this 2012 base annual salary, thus the median annual salary range for this purpose of constructing a compensation package for ...
This solution is around 500 words and includes a reference. There is an analysis for developing the salary range for a Human Resource Recruiting Manager position. Target hiring range, along with a proposal for increases, is also included. Benefits, and the level at which they will be paid by the employer is provided. There is a simple pie chart in Excel, representing the amount each item "costs" in relation to total position expense.