Leadership (both group and team) are directly linked to the observation, diagnosis, internalization, and creation of strategies to address the forces that challenge and form the organization. Effective teams work with organizational issues and opportunities to achieve the desired future direction. Design and construct teams must function in a way that is consistent with the organization's mission, vision, values, context and strategy.
1. Do you think your team is functioning in a way that is consistent with your organization's mission, vision, values, context and strategy. Why or why not?
2. Do you consider that listening is part of communication? Why or why not? support your response with references.
3. Do Leaders communicate with teams differently if they view themselves as directors vs. facilitators? If so, what does this difference look like in the everyday workplace?
4. How do leaders apply communication dynamics to the execution of organizational strategy?
5. Elaborate on the following statement: "Leader's behavior and integrity impacts positively or negatively organizational strategies, vision and innovations." Support your response within references.
'Studies have shown that words account for 7% of the information communicated' (Team Coordination Training Student Guide, 1998). Therefore, in order to achieve effective communication the presenter must ask for feedback.
6. Based on the description above what skills can you share with us regarding achieving effective communication.
1. Do you think that your team members function in a way that is consistent with your organization's mission, vision, values, context, and strategy?
This is the reason why I am around as a leader. I see to it that they function in accordance with the organization's:
• Mission. This is the purpose of the company or organization which is the basis in formulating organizational goals and objectives. I make it a point that there is a unified direction in the whole unit/department.
Example: The mission of the company is to improve the quality of life of people in a particular region. To achieve this mission, they comply with product standards set and other related policies.
• Vision. A statement of what an organization intends to become at some point in the future. My subordinates must know where the company is heading so that they will act accordingly. However, they must be aware of company plans and forecasts so that they would not be caught unaware. Knowing and understanding the company vision and the corresponding plans, they would be more committed in its fulfilment.
• Organization's context. This may include the company's nature of business, the internal and external environments, the stakeholders, and the public where the company operates. This will enlighten the members of the team of the boundaries and of the factors that affect their individual and organizational performance. Actually, they are not merely factors; they are also the focus of organizational performance.
• Strategies are means formulated by the management to achieve organizational goals and objectives. These must be communicated effectively to all people concerned to ensure that they understand, apply, and support them.
• Values. In an organization, these are the shared principles, morals, ethics, and standards of one's conduct. These are important in order that the members of the team will function effectively because these will serve as the control measures in the ...
This solution provides a detailed discussion of the given management question.