What might an HR professional do to assess the overall effectiveness of a given job within the organization?
Please list references.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 11:28 pm ad1c9bdddf
You may wish to consider including the following as a response to the stated question:
Mission Statement - Expand on how the organization's goals and objectives as outlined in the company Mission Statement form the foundation for the types of jobs within the organization. Mission Statements are often reviewed and/or revised annually and are usually available from the company's website or in employee handbooks or other materials.
Employee Performance - Discuss how the company's recruitment practices, employee training, performance evaluation procedures, etc. affect the types of employees working in any given job assignment. Consider if the strengths and/or weaknesses of employees have any bearing on whether the job is effective or ineffective.
Do a web search of your question and you will find numerous scholarly articles that you can use as source ...
This 532-word solution provides detailed instructions with examples of how an HR professional can assess the overall effectiveness of a given job within an organization. The solution includes a sample outline with links to websites that will support completion of the assignment.
Criterion Development, Performance Evaluation, and Appraisal
Criterion Development, Performance Evaluation, and Appraisal questions
1. What criteria or standards do I/O consultants use when developing selection systems? Include some specific examples of criteria or standards from this week's readings or the literature.
2. What are some of the theoretical issues associated with selection of criteria for measuring the effectiveness of individuals, groups, and organizations? Provide references to support your response.
3. Share the process used to conduct job analyses at your organization. How does your organization conform to acceptable job analysis practices? What are the implications of not conforming to acceptable standards? (If you are not familiar with your organization's process, what process would you suggest?)
4. What is a competency? What is a competency model? How does competency modeling compare to job analysis?
5. Why is it important to measure and evaluate performance in the workplace? What methods do I/O consultants use to measure and evaluate employee performance? Which method is most effective?
6. What are some of the barriers to effective performance evaluation? Provide examples. How might you overcome these barriers?
7. What factors might influence the reliability and validity of assessment results?
8. What are some of the threats to internal validity of assessment results when evaluating the performance of individuals, teams, and organizations? Select two threats. What are some things you could do to reduce these threats.View Full Posting Details