1. Unions often demand more benefits than they expect to win during contract negotiations. Assuming that during a recession money for benefits is very limited, what would you, as an HR representative on the negotiating team, present as a counter offer? Be specific. Think in terms of benefits that don't cost as much as healthcare or bonuses. Why would you make this proposal? In other words, why would you offer this benefit instead of others you might have considered? What arguments would you use to persuade the union to accept your offer?
2. How has globalization affected benefits offered by employers to American workers? Why?
3. What effect do you expect the new federal healthcare law will have on the benefits offered by large corporations? Will smaller employers be more positively or negatively affected by the law than large corporations?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:36 am ad1c9bdddf
Here is an example for you to use.
1. The cost of benefits is on the rise and the increase is exponential each year. The most costly benefit is healthcare. Unions focus on creating a more satisfying work environment for their employees. This includes pay, time off, working conditions, and benefits as well as other areas. There are many other benefits that could be used that are more cost effective. One of these benefits would be employee discounts. Many companies will partner with companies to offer their employees discounts if they purchase from them. For example, cell phone companies offer 5-25% off the monthly bill for contract customers from specific organizations. These discounts can be for gym memberships, cell phone service, and other organizations. These discounts do not cost anything for the company that offers them to their employees. Other benefits that could be offered that are more cost effective than healthcare or bonuses include tickets to sporting or other events, free or discounted commercial airline tickets, country ...
The expert discusses human resource management. How globalization has affected benefits offered by employers to American workers are determined.
MGT410 Unit 3
MGT410 Unit 3 IP 4-5 Pages
Consider the following scenario:
Jim Delaney, president of Apex Door, has a problem. No matter how often he tells his employees how to do their jobs, they invariably "decide to do it their own way," as he puts it, and arguments ensue among Jim, the employee, and the employee's supervisor. One example is the door-design department, where the designers are expected to work with the architects to design doors that meet the specifications. While it's not "rocket science," as Jim puts it, the designers invariably make mistakes such as designing too much steel (a problem that can cost Apex tens of thousands of wasted dollars once you consider the number of doors in, say, a 30-story office tower).
The order processing department is another example. Jim has a very specific and detailed way he wants the order written up, but most of the order clerks don't understand how to actually use the multipage order form. They simply improvise when it comes to a detailed question such as whether to classify the customer as "industrial" or "commercial."
The current training process is as follows. None of the jobs have a training manual per se; although, several have somewhat out-of-date job descriptions. The training for new people is all on the job. Usually the person leaving the company trains the new person during the one to two week overlap period, but if there's no overlap, the new person is trained as sufficiently as possible by other employees who have filled in occasionally on the job in the past. The training is basically the same throughout the company for machinists, secretaries, assemblers, accounting clerks, etc.
For this assignment, assume that you have been hired by Apex Door to develop a training program. Develop a training proposal that provides specific suggestions on what you will do to improve the training process at Apex Door.
Source: Dessler, G. (2003). Human resource management. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
MGT410 Unit 3 3-5 paragraphs
You have recently been asked to revamp the new employee training for the call center customer service representatives of an investment management firm. Using course materials to support your position, briefly write your response to the following:
? What are the essential components and/or considerations necessary to make this an effective training program? (1-2 paragraphs)
? Why are these essential? (1-2 Paragraphs)
? Submit your work to the discussion board. Read the responses to this issue and post a 1 paragraph response to at least one of your classmate's ideas.
MGT410 Unit 3 GP 1 questions with 1 paragraph
Consider this unit of this course a "training phase." As a group, you are to produce the following:
1. A list of at least one questions that could be used to facilitate group or chat discussion on this topic (i.e. Developing Training Programs)
2. A paragraph for the question indicating the extent to which the question is likely to stimulate useful discussion of this topic and why