Is Total Quality Management a strategic level objective for Huffman Trucking Organization?
You probably already know this, but it is worth mentioning anyways. As an OTA with BrainMass, I do NOT complete assignments or parts of assignments for students. Rather, it is my job to provide direction and guidance, so that you will be in a better position to complete your own assignment. This is listed clearly on the BrainMass site as well, so you probably know this already.
This look's like an interesting assignment, though, so let's see where I can be helpful
Total Quality Management (TQM)
Total = Quality involves everyone and all activities in the company.
Quality = Conformance to Requirements (Meeting Customer Requirements).
Management = Quality can and must be managed.
TQM = A process for managing quality; it must be a continuous way of life; a philosophy of perpetual improvement in everything we do.
The Principles of TQM are as follows:
1. Quality can and must be managed.
2. Everyone has a customer and is a supplier.
3. Processes, not people are the problem.
4. Every employee is responsible for quality.
5. Problems must be prevented, not just fixed.
6. Quality must be measured.
7. Quality improvements must be continuous.
8. The quality standard is defect free.
9. Goals are based on requirements, not negotiated.
10. Life cycle costs, not front end costs.
11. Management must be involved and lead.
12. Plan and organize for quality improvement
TQM has been adapted by schools and churches as well as corporations. The ...
What impact globalization may have on Huffman Trucking organization's total quality management position?