Find an article published within the last two years that offers an industry forecast of global business conditions for an organization with which you are familiar and evaluate the article concerning environmental factors that affect global and domestic marketing decisions. Be sure to address the following:
1. Evaluate how the articleâ??s forecasts of high-level global and domestic environmental factors will affect the organization's marketing decisions.
2. Evaluate how the articleâ??s forecasts of technological change will affect the organization's marketing decisions.
3. Compare the authorâ??s perceived importance of social responsibility and ethics with at least three other alternatives, including your own, as related to the organizationâ??s marketing decisions.
4. Provide a conclusion on the accuracy of the articles forecasts, and identify what else you would look for to support your position in reference to your conclusions.
5. Use APA format, including writing in the third person, an abstract, section
headers, title page as well as properly citing all sources both in your narrative as well as on an end-of-paper references list. No references should appear on the reference list if the source is also not cited within your paper
Hi. The solution below should get you started. You can use the listed references to expand on the information provided.Thank you for using Brainmass. Good luck!
OTA 105878/Xenia Jones
Article Review: Pet Industry Trends
Title:Pet Industry Trends for 2010
Author: Laura Bennett, MBA
Date of Publication: January 14, 2010
This article which lists forecast Pet Industry Trends for 2010 was written in January of this year by Laura Bennett, CEO of Embrace Pet Insurance, an American Pet Insurance company based in Beachwood, Ohio. Bennett, an insurance industry expert combined her expertise with her love of pets, especially dogs. Together with Finance & Business expert and fellow Wharton Business School MBA alumni Alex Krooglik, she founded Embrace Pet Insurance for the purpose of providing affordable comprehensive coverage to ensure the health and well-being of beloved pets. As a specialist pet insurance company, they work closely with experts and organizations in finance, underwriting and insurance side by side with veterinary and animal specialists. They also work closely with pet-product retailers as well as kennels, pet shops and dog breeders to create and provide all sorts of pet-business related insurance products for the Pet and Veterinary industry. Their operations are nationwide and they have affiliated organizations and representatives across the states. Their knowledge and data in relation to trends and demands is not only local, it is also International due mainly to the relationships they have in place with British, Japanese and European under writers. Thus, Bennett's projected trends come from valid observation and should be heeded by pet lovers as well as people in the pet industry. In terms of the trends and forecasts she listed, what struck me to be of great global importance in the pet industry is number 9 and number 11. The Number 9 forecast is as follows:
9. Increased online sophistication from pet-related businesses in e-commerce, design, and usability - In 2009, several new players joined the pet health and pet adoption space. The web giant WebMD, known for its online human health information, has launched into the pet health expertise websites that appeared in 2008, in an attempt to use its brand and reach to take the top spot in this market. On the other hand, Petango.com, an upstart online adoption database, launched to compete with the ...
The solution is a 1,565-word review of an article that presented 'pet industry trends for 2010', listing trends with social, environmental and economic importance (i.e. puppy mills) to global marketing decisions. Technological trends are also discussed and listed and a discussion of ethical and social responsibility is included. A forecast of future trends is included. The solution follows the APA format, references are listed for expansion, a word version of the solution is attached for easy printing.