1. In global corporate governance some corporation have excelled and some have failed. Explain and elaborate on the success and failures of global corporate corporate governance? Give examples of two countries in different continents?
2. Choose two countries that are culturally diverse? Compare the cultures of both countries and the influence of culture on:
a) Cost of doing business in each country?
b) the business practices and ethics?
1. In global corporate governance some corporation have excelled and some have failed. Explain and elaborate on the success and failures of global corporate governance? Give examples of two countries in different continents?
As very well explained by Professor Mauro Guillen in his paper (Corporate Governance and Globalization: Is There Convergence Across Countries?), "A poorly conceived [corporate governance] system can wreak havoc on the economy by misallocating resources or failing to check opportunistic behaviors" (Knowledge @ Warton, 2002).
There have been numerous instances of success as well failure in terms of the global corporate governances in companies (Rajagopalan & Zhang, 2009). The various scandals have placed a major importance on the overall aspect of corporate governance practices and have brought out the question of whether a company operates in the same manner in different economies. While operating in different countries, there are different aspects that need to be considered (Knowledge @ Warton, 2002). Globalization ...
Detailed discussions have been provided for each of the questions along with references for further readings.
Global Management, M&A, Corporate Governance, Strategy
1. How difficult is it for merger and acquisition strategies to create value and which firms benefit the most from M & A activity?
2. What are the incentives for firms to use international strategies? What are the three basic benefits firms can derive by moving into international markets?
3. Explain the rationales for a cooperative strategy under each of the three types of basic market situations (i.e., slow, standard, and fast cycles).
4. What is corporate governance and how is it used to monitor and control managers' decisions?
5. Discuss the difference between strategic and financial controls.
6. What is a top management team, and how does it affect a firm's performance and its abilities to innovate and design and implement effective strategic changes?
7. What is the importance of international entrepreneurship?View Full Posting Details