Think of an example from your own workplace experience where some form of message created a conflict, crisis or problem. Use only examples from business, profession or workplace (not family or friends). The message might be from you or from a coworker, but think of one message - not several.
1) What do you believe caused the conflict: words, form, tone or other source?
2) Give a reason for your belief about cause of conflict.
3) How could conflict have been avoided?
4) What can the rest of us learn?
5) Please share one experience and then comment.
In this example, I was communicating with the head of another department. The department head, Sally, was upset that one of my employees was not on time for an appointment with her. Instead of coming to me with this issue, Sally confronted my employee in front of customers and degraded her. I contacted Sally to let her know that I didn't think this was acceptable.
A conflict arose and escalated to the point ...
This response discusses conflict in emails and communications within a business. Issues such as words, form, and tone are brought up.